Wednesday, January 28, 2009

last night a dj saved my life

my boy, andy 24" turned me on to johnno burgess-a dj out of london. he made me this great mix by burgess over xmas break called 'yacht rock' and it consists of lots of soft pop 80s music -very unexpected & almost queer, but totally rad--ie phil collins, robert palmer & that band toto..you know, they sang africa--which is a totally badass tune if i ever did hear one. my personal favorite being the paradise cut, 'in love with you..' that would definitely be on my lifetime made for tv movie soundtrack. lol
this mix was available on resident advisor but has since been archived, lucky for you though, only because, i'm so uuuuuber cool, you can grab it HERE!!!

Full tracklisting:

Mike Post - Hill Street Blues
Toto - Africa (Rune Lindbaek edit)
Phil Collins - I'm Not Moving (Idjuts Re-edit)
Hall & Oates - Out of Touch
Chris Rea - Josephine
Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
Steely Dan - Peg
The Doobie Brothers - What a Fool Believes
Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
Phoenix - Too Young
Robert Palmer - Looking for Clues
Steely Dan - New Frontier
The Paradise - In Love with you
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Toto (Feat Cheryl Lynn) - Georgy Porgy
KC & The Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go

eNjOyyy

No comments: